Los Angeles, CA. L. A. County Sheriff Lee Baca describes the Compton California shoot-out and suspensions involving thirteen Deputy Sheriffs in an exclusive Full Disclosure™ one-hour interview with Emmy award winning host Leslie Dutton videotaped on Thursday, June 9, 2005.
An eight minute video preview containing Baca’s detailed explanation of shooting, reprimands, policy changes and community relations tactics can be can be seen below.
Among the policy changes Baca describes in the Full Disclosure™ preview are:
- Approaching vehicles will now be handled by “Special Weapons Teams” instead of patrol deputies with pistols.
- Changed shooting policy so no more shooting at moving vehicles
- New policy: “don’t rush in to danger”
- Department and Deputies admit the problem
- Stronger community based policing program
- Go door to door to survey neighborhood on how to increase safety.