Los Angeles, CA. The failure of local law enforcement agencies to gather, monitor and retain intelligence on subversive groups linked to terrorists has created a dangerous climate. According to gang specialist and retired Sergeant Richard Valdemar, a 33 year veteran of the L. A. County Sheriff’s Department most law enforcement agencies routinely destroy intelligence records on subversive groups fearing lawsuits filed by Civil Libertarians. This is happening at a time when criminal gang members and terrorists have already united in an attempt to bomb a local Synagogue.
Summary of Part 1 & 2 of the Valdemar interview:
- Young people have positive vs negative reactions to police tactics
- Sheriff’s OSS gang program successfully dismantled gangs, elected officials destroyed the program.
- Sheriffs Department now sending in teams to put out gang fires
- Criminal illegal aliens are exporting gangs to other countries, smuggling drugs and humans
- Criminal illegal aliens are producing false documents enabling re-entry to the U.S.
- Gangs are joining the military, gang graffiti has been found on buildings in Iraq
- Military is teaching gang members new skills that are used on the streets of the U.S.
- Police intelligence gathering failure is caused by administration fear of lawsuits by civil libertarians.
- Local law enforcement no longer has undercover operations of subversive groups
- Three Strikes law does not apply to criminal illegal aliens.
- Gang graffiti in airline cargo holds is an invitation for terrorist bombs
- Need to return to monitoring subversive groups and gang dismantling programs.