Los Angeles, CA. The Full Disclosure Network presents an exclusive video report on how California Taxpayers pay matching funds every time voters in Los Angeles approve billions in school bonds for the what is described as “the Beast” or an economic engine known as the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). And those bonds end up costing taxpayers double the amount with interest paid to bondholders.
LAUSD officials describe in the video, how a new proposed $7 Billion dollar school bond if it is approved by voters, should be considered an “Economic Stimulus Plan” for the region. They tout the bond will employ workers, generate construction of new schools during a time of economic slow down in the area.Appearing the ten-minute Video News Blog with comments pro and con are the following:
- David R. Hernandez, Exec. Director San Fernando Chamber of Commerce
- David Brewer, Superintendent Los Angeles Unified School District
- Monica Garcia, President Los Angeles Unified Board of Education
- Guy Mahula, Chief Executive of Facilities Division, LAUSD
- George Buzzetti, Los Angeles City Activist
- Keith Richman, Former California State Assemblyman
- Leslie Dutton, Moderator
At the end of the video viewers are asked to leave their comments and participate in an online survey by voting on the following questions:
- Should all Californians vote on the LA Bonds too, since they pay matching funds?
- Should the bond language disclose how much interest will be paid for the bonds?
- Which should be the priority of the school district be: 1) educating the children ? or 2) stimulating the economy?
Known as “the news behind the news” Full Disclosure Network cable and Internet videos provide coverage rarely reported by the regular news media.