Los Angeles, CA. — Leaders of a California citizens revolt in South Orange County are featured in a nine minute FULL DISCLOSURE™ video blog, describing the school corruption which has sparked their campaign to recall all seven members of the Capistrano Unified School District. The video will be launched on the Internet 24/7, world-wide starting Monday, December 5, 2005.
Citizens from the communities of Alisa Viejo, Coto De Caza, Dana Point, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Niguel, Los Flores, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano gathered 140,000 signatures in their communities. Their primary complaints about the District Trustees and the Superintendent is, they say, the arrogance, deceit and deliberate concealment of public documents and financial agreements while spending public monies lavishly on themselves. The final straw was when the District proceeded to build a new $35 million Administration building while the children are being taught in decrepit and run down portable classrooms.
Featured in the video blog are leaders from the citizens group called CAPO for Better Representation, comprised of the parents of children attending school in the District, as follows: Chairman Kevin Murphy, a financial services executive, Tom Russell, corporate transactional attorney, Mark Neilsen, software executive, Jennifer Beall, interior designer.
The following actions of the CSUD Trustees and Superintendent were cited by the group as motivating factors for the recall campaign:
- Failure to provide transparency in financial transactions
- Failure to comply with state laws governing school construction and the environment
- Failure to disclose conflict of interests on contracts, bidding and school site selection
- Failure to conduct the public’s business in open meetings and with public input
- Failure to give public notice of Trustee actions creating millions in public debt