Los Angeles, CA. Are skid row street vagrants merely homeless or are they criminal drug addicts choose to live lawlessly on the streets? The FULL DISCLOSURE NETWORK presents an exclusive twelve minute Video News Blog debate featuring prominent Los Angeles and New York authorities who hold strongly differing opinions. At issue is how government should address solving the problems of street vagrancy.
Full Disclosure videotaped the Manhattan Institute’s Forum entitled“Policing Skid Row” in downtown Los Angeles on January 17, 2008. Those featured in this short video debate are:
- William Bratton, Los Angeles Police Chief
- Torie Osborn, Sr. Advisor on Homeless to Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
- James Q. Wilson, Ronald Reagan Chair, Pepperdine University
- George L. Kelling, Sr. Fellow Manhattan Institute & Prof. of Criminal Justice at Rutgers
- Heather MacDonald, Manhattan Institute, John Olin Fellow
- Estela Lopez, Executive Director, Central City East Association
- Carol Wilkins, Director for Intergovernmental policy for Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Leslie Dutton, Moderator
This video news blog debate is a preview of Full Disclosure programs to come, examining the issues surrounding Street Crimes, Drugs and Vagrants and will feature more of the panel discussions from the Manhattan Institute Forum. The programs are available on the Internet FREE for a short period of time from the www.fulldisclosure.net home page, there after will be available to subscribers.
Known as “the news behind the news” Full Disclosure Network since 1992 and produced by host Leslie Dutton and Producer T. J. Johnston. In 2002 the Full Disclosure® special series “L. A.’s War Against Terrorism” was recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences with a local Emmy Award for a public affairs, informational series.